OpenClonk MiniBlock

Well, okay. Scenarios that are ruined by loam are probably also unfitting for the block system (or any building system, that is).

It's often limited only partly. E.g. in crash landing you have a few pieces of loam available but cannot build more. In Golden Mountain, you get the equipment to build loam very late. In Gem Grabbers, water to build loam is rare. These things are usually handled by the scenario designer and tweaked after a few rounds.

I think the way to go is just to build something as cool as possible first and think about balance later when adding it to scenarios. Scenario obstacles can also grow as we add more settlement possibilities.

I haven't organized my thoughts fully yet, but I think it is good that is developed externally to the repos currently and that it would be good to create an actual settlement scenario with a goal and challenges that is actual fun using these blocks.

In general I am definitely willing to reintegrate this into the existing OC rounds if turns out to be fun.

Yes, my short-term plan is to get it ready for Acid Gold Mine for a start. That shouldn't be too much remaining work. Then we can test it in a 'real' setting for the first time and see how it influences gameplay